Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The New Adventures of Old Clyde

This morning I staggered into the kitchen to pour a much needed and very large cup of coffee. Clyde, as usual, was at my feet begging loudly. I decided to grab a piece of cheese from the fridge, and rest my coffee on the sink/ counter lip. Oops. Not a good idea. Over goes the cup, and a giant waterfall of coconut coffee cascades to cover both the kitchen floor AND my idiot cat, who then runs through the house like the coffee fairy from hell, sprinkling each room with a lovely spattering of coffee drops. I test the Quicker Picker Upper theory and throw some Bounty on the flood in the kitchen, then go in search of Clyde. (Easy to do- just follow the java trail through my house.) I find him sitting indignantly on my bed (of course), which now also has coffee across the entire king-sized spread. Despite my attempts to sponge him off, his once white hind quarters now have a tan mottling, and a distinct coconut aroma. He's still stalking around the house, complaining loudly, further annoyed by Jade the dog, who has decided Clyde's butt smells like breakfast. I haven't decided whether to piss him off further by trying to bathe him, or to leave him be. Have I mentioned he has a vet appointment today at 3? This will be an interesting visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment